The season for baked goods is here! The aroma of fresh baked bread, grandma’s chocolate chip cookies and double chocolate brownies warm our hearts and our stomachs. If you are craving something sweet, head over to the bakeries in Milledgeville to satisfy your sweet tooth! Each of our bakeries offer something different in their own special way.
1. Ryals Bakery is located in downtown Milledgeville and is the perfect place to get something sugary sweet. It is famous for its delicious smiley face cookies. Another fan favorite are the petit fours which come in chocolate and vanilla. Ryals Bakery has been voted the best bakery in Milledgeville in every Readers Choice Award by the Union Recorder. The hours of operation are Tuesday - Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
2. Known for their remarkable cupcakes in all flavors, Doodle’s Cupcake Bakery is located on North Jefferson Street in a quaint pink house. In addition to cupcakes, the bakery sells casseroles, seasonal soups, and dips. Be sure to check their Facebook page for special treats and seasonal items. A local favorite is the chocolate toffee pecan crunch cupcake! It is simply delicious. The hours of operation are Tuesday - Thursday, 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
3. Hope’s Kreation Bakery is located on North Columbia Street and is the newest bakery in town. They offer a variety of sweets and baking services and are famous for their award-winning banana pudding. They even offer some delicious salads and sandwiches. Cake Decorating classes are also available to any age interested. How cool is that? The hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Don’t miss out on this amazing bakery.
4. Goodie Gallery is also located on North Columbia Street and has been a Milledgeville staple since the 80s. The bakery is famous for its cheesecake, but also offers mouth watering cinnamon rolls, donuts, cookies, muffins, and more. Their local lunch crowd favorites are the chicken salad sandwich, buffalo chicken wrap, and turkey wrap. The hours of operation are Monday - Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
5. Sweet P’s Cupcakes and More is located on North Columbia Street. The menu changes daily with various flavors of cupcakes, cobblers, cookies, pudding, and slices of cakes. Two local favorite menu items are the tea cakes and the strawberry cookies. The bakery’s inventory tends to sell out daily because of the high demand for its yummy treats. The hours of operation are Tuesday - Friday, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Don’t miss out on these yummy bakeries! Your sweet tooth will thank you later!