Trolley at Old State Capital
Circa 1807, the Old Capitol is considered the first example of Gothic architecture in a public building in the United States. It served as the seat of government for the State of Georgia from 1807 to 1868, and in its legislative chambers the Secession Convention was held in 1861. Since 1879, Georgia Military College has occupied the historic site. The building underwent a $10 million renovation in 2000. Tours of the legislative chambers are included on the Historic Trolley Tour.