St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, circa 1841, was consecrated in 1843. A Gothic roof now replaces the original flat roof destroyed by the explosion of the nearby arsenal during the Civil War. Of special interest is the chancel window of Old English glass, a gift from Christ Church in Savannah. The hand carved chancel furniture was created by an early parishioner, Captain John Wilcox. Visitors welcome.