This facility is one of three historic buildings which make up the Allied Arts Center. This area was once known as "The Strip" which was the heart of the African-American district until the 1980's. It now houses arts offices and the Marlor Art Gallery. The Allen's Market Building, across from the John Marlor Art Center, is a 1911 building that has been adapted into theatre, meeting and studio space. Allied Arts offers arts camps and workshops for all ages and hosts a gallery of visiting artists that changes bimonthly.