Request Photography
Andalusia Farm

Milledgeville-Baldwin CVB

Andalusia Farm

Requires Registration
0
6720x4480
12/11/2018
jpg (image)

Andalusia served as the home of famed American author Flannery O’Connor from 1951-1964. First settled in 1814, Andalusia was a cotton plantation and farm until it was purchased by Flannery’s uncle Dr. Bernard Cline in 1931. During the O’Connor’s residency, the site contained 14 buildings with over 520 acres of land that was used for dairy and beef farming. During the 13 years she lived at Andalusia, she completed the bulk of her literary work, as the farm’s environment influenced the setting of many of her writings.