Milledgeville, GA - Visit Milledgeville and Milledgeville Main Street are excited to announce the launch of the first “ Milledgeville Summer Sips” promotion beginning August 1st and running through August 31st. Milledgeville Summer Sips invites locals and visitors to enjoy an off-menu drink special for $10 or less (+ tax & gratuity) at locally owned establishments during the entire month of August. Whether you’re a lover of coffee, cocktails, smoothies or mocktails, Milledgeville’s food and beverage industry will have the tastiest drink for you to send off the summer season in style.
“Milledgeville Summer Sips is an opportunity to celebrate our food and beverage industry while generating an economic boost during the summer season,” says MBCCVB Executive Director, Rebekah Snider. Snider shares that “We envision the promotion as a way to include our community residents in a final celebration of summer while also inviting neighboring communities and visitors off of the lake to travel downtown for a fun promotion.”
Participating drinks vary from the Blackberry Pomegranate Martini at Taylor’s Cove to Taste & See’s refreshing tea with watermelon, hibiscus, and mint to a Brown Sugar Honeycomb Latte at Blackbird Coffee. Patrons simply show up to the coolest party of Milledgeville’s summer season at participating establishments! No tickets or passes required. More than ten locally owned establishments will be joining the promotion, including:
- Amici Daiquiri: Amici's fresh take on a classic summer cocktail featuring Bumbu spiced rum, fresh strawberry puree, and soda.
- Blackbird’s Brown Sugar Honeycomb Latte: Try the Brown Sugar Honeycomb Latte with oat milk at Blackbird Coffee, hot or iced.
- Buffington’s Shark Bite: a refreshing summer cocktail with Malibu, Blue Curacao, cherry, and lime.
- Downtown Milledgeville Nutrition's Main Street: a loaded tea with lime, lemon, pineapple, blueberry pina-colada, and dragon fruit.
- Dungeons & Daiquiris’ Three Wishes Cocktail: Inspired by Aladdin's genie, this cocktail features gin and triple sec.
- Legend’s Neon Tropics: a fruity mix of Ciroc vodka and melon liqueur with lemon, lime, mint leaves, and strawberries as garnish.
- Milly’Ville Nutrition’s Milly Willy: a loaded tea with watermelon, raspberry, pineapple, cherry, and pina-colada flavors.
- Ned Kelley’s Cherry Popper: a refreshing mix of gin, triple sec, ginger ale, lime and cherry juice topped with a cherry and lime wedge.
- Shima’s Sakerita: your choice of peach or strawberry margarita with sake, triple sec, and lime.
- Taste and See’s Summer Breeze: a refreshing tea with watermelon, hibiscus, and mint.
- Taylor Cove’s Blackberry Pomegranate Martini: a refreshing twist with muddled blackberries, pomegranate juice, citrus vodka & fresh lemon.
- The Brick’s 93: a fresh choice with Crop cucumber vodka, muddled mint and watermelon, lemonade, garnished with a mint sprig and watermelon slice.
Not only can customers get a new drink, but they also have the opportunity to vote for their favorite drink of the promotion and the restaurant with the most votes will win the Summer Sips People’s Choice Award. To find your new favorite drink, visit www.milledgevillesummersips.com.
Contact: Lacey Cummings
(478) 452- 4687