by Amanda Northern
Sometimes we just need a break and to get away from it all! Guess what? There's no better place to do so than in your own state. From our rolling hills and lakes to our beautiful mountain ranges, Georgia has loads of perfect places to take a mini-vacation!
Grab your significant other and take a trip down to these 10 bed and breakfasts that are just perfect for a getaway.
1. 1842 Inn- 353 College St, Macon, GA 31201
Get away in this perfect antebellum style house in Macon. Set on two acres of land, this B&B is just a few minutes away from the historic Hay House.
2. Antebellum Inn- 200 N Columbia St, Milledgeville, GA 31061
Enjoy yourself for a weekend at this B&B in Milledgeville. It features a full breakfast in a formal dining room, a saltwater pool and an old porch to relax on!
3. Page House Bed and Breakfast- 711 Bellevue Ave, Dublin, GA 31021
This elegant B&B was built in 1903 and is set in the heart of central Georgia. Its old fashioned rooms are upscale with antique furnishings. Enjoy your mornings with full southern breakfasts!
4. The Chipley Murrah House Bed and Breakfast- 207 W Harris St, Pine Mountain, GA 31822
Located in beautiful Pine Mountain, this B&B features several spacious rooms. It's also in close proximity to Callaway Gardens.
5. Lucille's Mountaintop Inn & Spa- 964 Rabun Rd, Sautee Nacoochee, GA 30571
Overlook the Blue Ridge Mountains at this luxurious B&B, which also has a wonderful spa. (The panoramic views here are just unreal!)
6. Farmhouse Inn- 1051 Meadow Ln, Madison, GA 30650
The perfect southern bed and breakfast in Madison is right here! This B&B is set on a 100 acre organic farm. In addition to being a great vacation spot, it's also a darling wedding venue.
7. Edenfield House- 426 W Church St, Swainsboro, GA 30401
Visitors have said this house is simply beautiful. The hospitality and southern breakfast here deserves an A+!
8. Wisteria Hall - 824 Myrick St, Waynesboro, GA 30830
This old southern house is ranked the #1 B&B in Wisteria by tripadvisor.com. Nancy, the hostess, is said to be one of the nicest and most hospitable people you'll ever meet! Definitely try this place out if you want to get a "home away from home" feel.
9. Rothschild-Pound House Inn- 201 7th St, Columbus, GA 31901
This is an elegant and gracious southern B&B in Columbus, which also features cottages and suites with fireplaces and feather beds. Whitewater rafting, museums and dining are all within walking distance of this B&B.
10. Commodore Bed & Breakfast- 320 Washington St, Bainbridge, GA 39819
Deemed a "true Southern Georgia gem" by one visitor, this B&B is a magnificent house in Bainbridge. It's a truly great stay for a quick getaway!